Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rockstar - Sadda Haq

Today I watched Rockstar and this is the first movie after Inception that has left a hangover on me.  It is out and out rebel movie.  If you have been a rebel in your life, you can relate to the main character.  I am sure lots of people will find the protagonist unreasonable.
The movie is a must watch for 4 reasons.
1.  Music:  A R Rahman has given one of his best music.  The way music carries the story forward is amazing.  I have been listening to songs since last few days but these songs sounded very different and amazing when you listen with story.
2.  Ranbir Kapoor:  Lovely acting by Ranbir especially rebel looks and all the angst.  It was Ranbir all over in the movie.
3.  Narration:  I have seen very few Indian movies with such a intelligent narration, which goes back and forth in the timeline.
4.  Conflict between Love and Aspiration:  Ranbir gives his best performance in movie when he is away from his love and his career is screwed up with all the cases when he is with his love, Heer.  However Heer is medically fit when Ranbir is with her but otherwise she has critical diseases.  Ranbir wanted both in the movie and this movie has shown the conflict in a very good way.

Shammi Kapoor's role is emotional.  College life dialogues are good and wacky.  Any review of this movie is incomplete without a comment on Ranbir styling and clothing.  I am sure it is going to be big hit.  This movie has left a huge hangover.

On a lighter note, I hope my wife lets me keep long hair after Ranbir's looks in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment