Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Life of Pi

While surfing IMDB couple of weeks back, I saw a trailer of Ang Lee's upcoming movie 'Life of Pi'.  It revived my interest in the book by same name, which I bought around 4-5 years back.  I quickly took it out from my book rack and wanted to go through it before the release of movie.
The book is about a boy, Pi Patel, and his experience on a life boat when their ship gets drowned.  The book is divided in 3 parts:  First part is about the childhood experiences of Pi Patel; Second part is about Pi's journey on life boat; and third part is Pi's narrative of how he survived to Japanese Maritime Investigators.  Even though I didn't like the narrative in second part but the ending of book made up for it.  In the end Pi ends up telling two stories and lets readers decide which one they want to believe in.
All in all a good fantasy story.  Hope they make a good movie out of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment